Friday, May 27, 2005

When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking -Einstein

how true are these words, for when I read, the tales and stories become alive, pieces of earth, water, flesh woven from thought- dancing around in my mind, soothing its woes and daily troubles. Binding me back together after being broken, I do not want to stop reading, I do not want to depart the world I have created in my mind. Yet I tire, and move on, for one cannot dwell on dreams alone. But when I do dwell to long, I find that when the dreams crumble that I am not prepared, vulnerable. Yes, fantasy is the best natural gift of abstract, positive thinking, but it also can destroy.
Conclusion: Fantasy- a natural drug inhibitted into our very soul. How very convenient.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

more convinient than we like to admit...too true