Saturday, April 02, 2005

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

Well! I've started reading again...this time I think I'll try and bring a book along wherever I go..get into the habit of being a bookworm again. I have a rather large book list to cover too. I'd post it all..but I'd be boring and this place is for writing not to bore..thats the other blog. So I'm going to give you some quotes from the book I'm reading for the third time:
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle:
The spoken word is one of the triumphs of man and i intend to continue using it, particularly with people I dont trust. -Charles Wallace (character)
We are such stuff which dreams are made on. -The Temptest quoted by Mrs. Who
To action little, less to words inclined. -Hores quoted by Mrs. Who
What grievous pain a little fault doth give thee. -Dante also quoted by Mrs. Who
La coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaƮt point.
or
The heart has its reasons whereof reason knows nothing. -Mrs. Who (who likes quoting in different languages, plays and dead writers)

A Wrinkle in Time...a great book..but only for those with great imaginations.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A great book..for those with great imaginations..."

...of which you are one, m'dear :-)

I'm so very proud of your imagination--and glad you keep feeding it with good stuff.

Mamasita

Anonymous said...

very good book, i agree, very good book

ho hum

very good

yes, yes...so it is
...so it is...

but...oh never mind

tawoo tawoo

good book, yes yes

good

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linsey said...

I LOVE a Wrinkle in Time and other books by her. Maybe I have a good imagination ;)