Monday, June 13, 2005

dark

im working on the next story bit dont worry.. i know basically whats going to happen, its just working it all out in my mind.

I love listening to music in the dark, late at night. After a shower, after a pain fight, just lie in bed, listen to music and let my mind, heart and emotions run around and mingle with my imagination. I can easily identify my emotions, right now I feel frustrated, hurt and lonely. Ye, I have friends who visit me, I love visiting and talking for however short amount of time, but it brings up things inside me which hurt. My struggles are different, not exactly more difficult, just different and I can try to understand theirs but they can't comprehend mine.

One of the songs I have, is very special to me. When I listen to it, I wish I could bannish all my problems and not have to deal with the petty drama and requirements that 'must' live through in this post-modern culture. It just makes me want to break down, cry and ..basically, just sing love to God.
It's the theme song to the movie 'Brother Sun Sister Moon' ..about St. Francis.

Brother sun and sister moon,
I seldom see you, I can't hear your tune;
Preoccupied with selfish misery.

Brother wind and sister air,
Open my eyes to visions pure and fair,
That I might see the glories around me.

I am God's creature, of Him I am part,
I feel His love awakening my heart.

Brother sun and sister moon,
Often I see you, I can hear your tune;
So much in love with all that I survey.

I am God's creature, of Him I am part,
I feel His love awakening my heart.


I long for the moment, when I am set free of the bonds of my physical life, so that I may be welcomed into the presence of God, for Him to scoop me up in an embrace, while whispering "well done my good and faithfull son"

5 comments:

Mamasita said...

Oh my goodness. I feel that way, too, when I hear that song.

St Francis--at least according to what we read and see--seemed to have it all whittled down to the bare essentials. No fluff. Just a huge and all-encompassing appreciation for what was already around him--the birds, the trees, the people.

I too long to just skip all this stuff and go straight to that awesome place of beauty and peace--right into the arms of my Dad...ahhh one day. It'll seem like a split second when we do finally get there....

Cok sevgiyle

Unknown said...

:)

Anonymous said...

You are a fruit cake. Boo hoo, your life is soooooo hard, you are sooooo different to everyone else... riiiiiight.

Anonymous said...

http://www.online-literature.com/wordsworth/518/

Anonymous said...

Hey guess what Anonymous #1:

Shut up. Yea, you heard me. You obvoiusly don't know Kris, and you just posted that "comment" to feel superiour, and to put him down. Mabie you have your own problems. Mabie life is hard for you too. But I bet that your life is not as nearly as hard as Kris'es. Heck: I havent even met the guy myself... But just reading some of his posts really touched me... It shows us how sometimes: All the times really,: we need to give our problems, our hopes, our dreams, and everything else we clucth to ourselves to Jesus.

I cant even begin to compare to what Kris has gone through so I cant really relate, but really: I think it was REALLY shallow for you to post something as rude and ignorant as that. Call me mean, I dont care; but that post really pissed me off.