Sunday, March 27, 2005

Simple

Pain
Dictionary.com definition is:
1.An unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of severity as a consequence of injury, disease, or emotional disorder.
2.Suffering or distress.
3.pains The pangs of childbirth.
4.pains Great care or effort: take pains with one's work.
Informal. A source of annoyance; a nuisance.

Mirriam Websters Definition is:
1 : PUNISHMENT
2. a: usually localized physical suffering associated with bodily disorder (as a disease or an injury); also : a basic bodily sensation induced by a noxious stimulus, received by naked nerve endings, characterized by physical discomfort (as pricking, throbbing, or aching), and typically leading to evasive action b : acute mental or emotional distress or suffering : GRIEF
3. plural : the throes of childbirth
4. plural : trouble, care, or effort taken to accomplish something
5. one that irks or annoys or is otherwise troublesome -- often used in such phrases as pain in the neck

...mirriam websters definition..where it mentions 'emotional disress or suffering: GRIEF' is interesting..
Everyday I wake up in physical pain..yet in the background of it all i feel emotionall suffering..a different pain. Pain which reminds me that I can't get up and walk to the park without great assistance, embarrassment and physical pain. Not to mention I'm not strong enough (can't stand on my feet longer than 10 minutes) so seriously stand on my two/one-half legs.

I sit in bed and watch everything else go by. And the actions that people perform around me, that I see, that I read about..is Pain. Being in this state of mind since March last year takes a toll. Memory. Not being able to remember whole days, weeks, months...sometimes even hours in the day takes a toll. I've forgotten how to live, and I say this with a laugh, while I scream inside. The movie video (if it works for you...mainly talking to windows people and slow internet connections) is called Chocolate by The Snow Patrol. I was asked to remove it, for a certain reason. But I can't because that part is important..a part I like emphasizing on. The quick, cut scenes of two older teenagers making out. Why? Because they think its the end of the world and they like eachother therefore their chain of thought would be "The worlds ending..I like this person...um..i want to kiss them!' ...compared to the people who are in the pastry shop stuffing their mouths with food. Now I might remove the movie because of that part. Which idiot would stuff their mouths with cake while the worlds ending. Music videos like this are intruiging and provocative. Even though I agree with the person who asked me to take it off..that yeah..its not that appropriate, and is ironic because of the title of this blog....

The music video shows different people reacting differently to the fact that the world is ending literally in a few minutes...or their getting nuked. Either way, their trying to experience as much as they possibly can, before they die. Now, You might be thinking "how on earth is he going to relate this to pain and the fact he's forgotten to live?". Well, put it simply...If I were ever to be in that position, this is just imagination of course, at this moment I'd be stuck in bed watching everyone else. Ultimately though I believe the video is describing soceity as we see it, everyone rushing around, fast! fast! fast!

I have a lot more to say. I'll say it tomorrow though. Again about experiencing, but its about being a teenager. Might be a bit depressing, but I'm depressed. As one test I took said:
You scored as Unipolar Depression.
Congraulations! You are depressed! You know just how it feels to bear all the world's burdens, and the value of a 19-hour night's sleep. And you really hate that circle-guy thing on your Zoloft pill packets.

Heh..funny huh? Though I've never taken Zoloft, because I will never take anti-depressants. I'm in physical pain, and I take pain medications to help it..which mess with my mind, I don't want any more medication and I wish I could fly. Aaactually.. I wish I could heal. Either one is cool.

P.S. To the one who wanted the music video to be reomved, it will be changed, in good time.
>>I have to admire Kelly, ..and Kat...who just live their pain day by day. And just do it, Unfortunately I am not strong enough, or maybe I'm to tired, or just plain different.
>>Oh and sorry about last post, it's a poem spoken out by this one guy, and it just sounds awesome...not so much in writing..well to me it still is, but ye, a memory thats very..."precious"? ..ye
>>Lastly, one thing I really like about the video is the ladybird and the sand-clock..or whatever they are called.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very insightful young man-- sorry for the cirumstances that make you so insightful though...

Anonymous said...

oh the controversy...let me put down the bong so i can download this video asap.

Anonymous said...

the video seems to be articulating what sun ra said a long time ago: "It's after the end of the world. Don't you know that yet?"

Anonymous said...

Kriz z... You admire Kelly. I do, too. But I also admire you. You're pretty amazing and, yes, strong... to say nothng of charming, handsome, clever, funny, smart and very much the poet.
See you the 31st. Hang in there... we are for you... -Sandy