Thursday, March 24, 2005

Tribute to Frank Romero Jr.-My favorite teacher.

Flashy words make the world turn but it dont turn right. say whaat?
I said flashy words make the world turn but it dont turn right.
So I use these real eyes to realize the real lie that are spoken but not heard.
'Cuz we are more fascinated by that which is fabricated.
So I tell you a blind man once said I once saw, believed what he said but not believed what he said he saw.
Like the mute who told the deaf man the true meaning of life;
There are three types of people in the world today.
Those who play the game,
Those who watch the game,
And those who don't even know the game's being played.
And that's a beatificated picture and a picture's worth a thousand words,
But a picture worth a thousand words don't mean "ish" if those thousands words dont mean "ish"
Or if those thousand words means that picture means "ish".
Words.
They can mean so many things like: I love you. I love you. I love you.
Three words can mean an infinite amount to one person, not enough to another, not enough intent behind those words.
But have you ever noticed that the most important word between you and I is that "Love".
Love can be the cure of all our pain or another piss word for the pseudo experienced seek and that pseudo experienced
Like those who confuse sex withlove.
'Cuz sex as love is love for those in search without a searchlight.
Words.
From a piece of mind, brings peace of mind all I got to do is give a piece of mind.
Or in other words, piece together the pieces of me to create peace within me.
But shoot. Their all pieces. Pieces to a puzzle which, when put together; ISme.
But shoot. I'm sick of working at Starbucks for less than Starbucks. say whaat?
I said: I'm sick of working at Starbucks for less than Starbucks!
Or in other words my time is worth more than 7.50 an hour.
I'm a poet. Supposed to be speaking out spoken word "poetry".
Break that word down; POE-TRY. What is the poe trying to poe needing to try that much harder because poets stay broke.
And poets like poety because they can't afford therapy. So maybe I need a therapist.
Shoot. Maybe I need a psychotherapist because "ish" is getting crazy sometimes.
Break that word down. Psyco-the-rapist. Why would I need to see one of those for?
Words.
They can mean so many things.
But if I told you everything I just told you was a lie.
What would this mean?
-Uknown Poet

I love this poem, have as an mp3 on a CD Frank gave us before he left Turkey. So Frank if you ever read this, could you please tell me the name of the Poet..and the Poems name?
Danke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved this poem, do you still have it? of so, wanna send it to me??
:)

spoken word..it was called

Unknown said...

very cool...but very strange.lol

Sweet Misery